The Youth Justice Initiative (YJI)
of West Des Moines, Iowa
began in 2000
and is demonstrating results
YJI's mission is to reintegrate young offenders into the community
and aid victims in healing and moving forward.
• 54 youth were served from July 2014- June 2015
• 89% Successfully completed the program
• 100% of victims are satisfied with the YJI process
Friends of YJI
help support and enhance the restorative processes of YJI in West Des Moines
YJI has received the prestigous exemplary project award by CALEA (Commission on Accreditation of Law Enforcement Agencies).
What the community has to say about YJI...
"YJI has been an outstanding service to our city"
- Steve Gaer, West Des Moines Mayor
"YJI holds youth accountable for their actions and assists them in thinking about and dealing with the impact of what they did on more than just themselves. I have found the follow-through of the program excellent."
- Tim Miller, Principal of WDM Valley High School